Thứ Tư, 2 tháng 12, 2009
Vintage Musings
Have you noticed the trend in design and collecting? Vintage is absolutely in style! How strange it seems that antique and vintage shops are now filled with items that were common in my childhood. When I was a little girl, I remember asking my mother how old something had to be to be considered an antique. She thought a moment, and then said fifty years seemed about right. Well, now that fifty years have passed, I would prefer that items of that genre be considered vintage, not antique. But, it is all about perspective, isn't it. Just like fashions cycle again after several decades, so do household items and decor. Retro is in. I like the bright colors and stylized patterns of the fifties. But, I am not so fond of the resurgence of avocado green and brash gold. But, by the time that trend is in full swing again, I will probably be happy for the subtle changes in how it is used, and will embrace it wholeheartedly. What is your favorite, retro trend?
Đăng ký:
Đăng Nhận xét (Atom)
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét