Fresh Basil Pesto
The garden basil is growing well. Although I only have six plants this year, I have been able to harvest enough to make some pesto and put it in the freezer for winter use. I hope my pesto plants continue to grow abundantly so I can make more. Last year this recipe was such a success that we ran out well before winter was over.
The garden basil is growing well. Although I only have six plants this year, I have been able to harvest enough to make some pesto and put it in the freezer for winter use. I hope my pesto plants continue to grow abundantly so I can make more. Last year this recipe was such a success that we ran out well before winter was over.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until nuts are ground. Don't overprocess, as some texture is desired. Add more salt to taste if necessary.
Divide into 1/4 or 1/3 cup portions and place in small jelly jars or zip-lock bags. Freeze until ready to use. When ready for a meal, allow to thaw partially and add to cooked pasta.
For variety, add about 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes.
Divide into 1/4 or 1/3 cup portions and place in small jelly jars or zip-lock bags. Freeze until ready to use. When ready for a meal, allow to thaw partially and add to cooked pasta.
For variety, add about 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes.
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét