Bucky doesn't really like to pose, as he prefers prowling, batting, cuddling, and purring. But sometimes he will pose, briefly, for a picture or two. On this day I actually wasn't trying to get a picture of him at all, but rather of a sweetheart quilt my mother appliqued and embroidered. But Bucky thought it interesting and decided to examine it for a brief moment. Then a bee or bird distracted him and he was on to other adventures. So, let me tell you about this quilt. Each block background is different; a white on white print. Mom used scraps from a quilters scrap bag to cut out a multitude of heart shapes that were appliqued to the white on white blocks. Then, she embroidered them with her careful stitching, adding embellishment and outline. Bound with a lavender print, it becomes a lovely lap quilt that reminds me of mother's love. Sweethearts. Stitches of love.
I also made a quilt like this, although mine varies somewhat. I designed my pattern from memory and it ended up that the hearts on my quilt were a little larger. I used cream on cream prints and my quilt was not quite as large as the one mom made. Mom's was stitched in the ditch, and I tied mine instead. So, as they would say on Sesame Street, they are the same and different. If you'd like to see it, you can go here.
I also made a quilt like this, although mine varies somewhat. I designed my pattern from memory and it ended up that the hearts on my quilt were a little larger. I used cream on cream prints and my quilt was not quite as large as the one mom made. Mom's was stitched in the ditch, and I tied mine instead. So, as they would say on Sesame Street, they are the same and different. If you'd like to see it, you can go here.
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét