Thứ Hai, 9 tháng 2, 2009

Little Things, Joyful Things

Simple things can work together so beautifully to create a lovely day. Sunshine and a joyful note from Becky started my day in such a positive note. Errands took me to Paula's town, and although her shop is closed on Monday, she met me there this afternoon so I could pick up some of these beautiful flour sacks to send to Lucy in the Netherlands. They are so vibrant. It's amazing to think that flour used to be sold in such useful and pretty containers made from fabric. I think Lucy first desired flour sack towels to cut into quilt pieces, but I suspect that these will be displayed in their entirety (Lucy, I'll keep looking for 'old' flour sacks for you; some that are falling apart so you can cut them up). Little things, simple things, joyful things --- the things that make life meaningful and whole. What a lovely day. I hope yours was as well.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...