
Do you know the song titled "I've Been Everywhere" that lists names and places throughout the United States? It was written by Geoff Mack in 1959 and has been adapted to locals in several countries and has been sung by everyone from Lynn Anderson, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and The Statler Brothers. Well, take that tune and add these words: Kerby, Filter Queen, Hoover, Dirt Devil, Bissell, Eureka, Kenmore, and more. As you sing along, become more and more animated, giving the song more and more punch. These are all brands of vacuum cleaners we've had over the years. So far, there's nothing that I have really been satisfied with. With kids, pets, and sandy soil --- nothing seems to hold up very well and do a superb job (sorry, vacuum cleaner companies). We are now on a search for 'another' vacuum cleaner; something that will clean carpets and hardwood, that will keep it's suction, and that isn't messy to keep clean and tidy. Our search has lead us to the Dyson DC 25. Do you have one? Could you, would you --- share the pro's and con's? According to their website, this vacuum:
Sits on a ball to maneuver around furniture and obstacles. The motor is inside the ball, giving the machine a low center of gravity making it even easier to steer.
AND it. . .
Uses Root Cyclone™ technology to separate dirt from the air by centrifugal force. This patented technology doesn't lose suction power as you vacuum.
Hmmmm. . .so it this true? I am really curious and most cautious about my 'next' choice in a vacuum cleaner. I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me. And, I thank you in advance.
I know. . .vacuum cleaners are mundane and boring in blogland where we tend to focus on beautiful decor, yummy food, and family events. So, in order to perk up this post a bit, I'd like to share with you another 'housekeeping' tool that I found this week (and left in the shop window; it's shown in the picture below). It is the prettiest apron! I would love to find a pattern to make one. . .somewhere. . .somehow. This pretty little gem was $80.00 in the shop (and it's not even lined!). The skirt is fitted with darts with a cute, little gathered bodice that is accented with striped fabric at top and bottom. Isn't it adorable? Have you found a pattern for this anywhere? It's yummy!

Enjoy a lovely day and be sure to enjoy any housekeeping you might have planned for the day. Since I'm still deciding about a vacuum cleaner (and have only a simple apron), I will be dust mopping my floors today rather than sucking up the dirt with a vacuum!
Stay cool!
THANK YOU for all the excellent feedback regarding vacuum cleaners. It was all very helpful! I will keep you posted as to a decision soon!
THANK YOU, Deb --- from Homespun Living --- for the link to the apron pattern. For other's who are interested, it's available at Sew, Mama, Sew!
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét